In a relaxed and confidential atmosphere, our bilingual professional staff assists individuals with disabilities and their families – including those impacted by HIV/AIDS – to identify and design a plan to best meet their needs.
Based on an individual’s needs and eligibility, CALOR helps people with disabilities lead healthier and more productive lives. Our menu of services include:
CASE MANAGEMENT (Ryan White I and/or Office of Rehabilitation Services)
- Rent and utility assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Homemaker services
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CAN) referrals
- Expense reimbursement for a personal assistant
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Non-clinical counseling sessions
- Weekly support groups for family and friends
PREVENTION AND EDUCATION
- Orients Latino gay and bisexual men and transgenders in safer sex techniques
- Provides prevention material, weekly support groups, HIV counseling/testing and appropriate referrals for STD screening
- Provides wide range of employment services and job placement
- Information and workshops for the medical and consumer communities
- Counseling and testing for HIV and STD screening
- Income-based apartment buildings for individuals and families affected by HIV/AIDS
- Establishes prevention and referral services for Latinos on the West side of Chicago and provides effective strategies and interventions
- Assesses needs for individuals who are commercial sex workers, mentally ill, physically disabled or non-English speakers
WHAPA (West Town-Humboldt Park HIV/AIDS Providers Association)
- CALOR is the leading agency in a coalition of HIV/AIDS service providers organized to reduce the incidence of HIV and STD infection in these communities.
- CALOR respects each individual's right to privacy and confidentiality.
How to contact us:
5038 W. Armitage Ave.
Chicago, IL 60639
(773) 385-9080 (voice)
(773) 385-4039 (TTY)