Anixter Center - Donated In-Kind Goods Acceptance Procedure - Dated: 12/2016 - Click to open
Purpose: To ensure that the needs of the donors to Anixter Center and Anixter Center program needs are honored in accepting donated furniture, clothing or other items.
Goal: To ensure that Anixter Center programs receive needed in-kind items, Anixter Center donors receive appropriate acknowledgement for donations and only appropriate items are accepted for donation.
1. Responsible parties: Manager of Volunteers and Community Involvement,
Residential Director, Program Services Director, Maintenance Director, Vice President of Development and Sustainability.
- Anixter Center reserves the right to accept or reject any item based on program needs, condition of items, utility of donated items, capacity to store donated items or for any other reason at its sole discretion.
- Anixter Center has limited capacity to store donated items, particularly donated furniture. The preference is to deliver donated furniture directly to residential or program space.
- All items will be picked up at a mutually convenient date and time.
- The following items will not be considered for donation:
Used mattresses, Used box springs, (new wrapped mattresses and box springs will be considered for donation) electronics, tube-style televisions, hazardous materials, furniture with sharp edges including glass table tops, used pillows, clothing or shoes in dirty or in poor condition. Any item that runs counter to the values of Anixter Center will not be accepted.
- For donations valued by the donor at $5,000 or more a qualified appraisal must be obtained by the donor.
- For In-kind donations of property, cars, boats or other illiquid items Anixter Center reserves the right to refuse the donation. Donations of this type will be considered for acceptance by Anixter Center President/CEO with the advice of the Board of Directors and legal counsel.
- Upon receipt of a request to donate goods, the donor should be put in contact with the Anixter Centerâ€™s Volunteer Services Manager.
- All donation requests are considered for acceptance by Anixter Centerâ€™s Manager of Volunteers and Community Involvement
- To determine acceptability, a photo of the donated item should be sent to Anixter Centerâ€™s Manager of Volunteers and Community Involvement
a. An on-site appraisal of the items may be necessary and scheduled at a mutually convenient date and time.
- Anixter Centerâ€™s Manager of Volunteers and Community Involvement confers with Anixter Center staff for placement or suitability of donation
- Anixter Centerâ€™s Manager of Volunteers and Community Involvement collaborates with the donor and Anixter Center Maintenance Director to schedule a mutually convenient pick up time and date.
- Items can be dropped off at the rear entrance of the 2032 N Clybourn building (Monday â€“ Friday 9:00 Am to 3:00 PM) or other Anixter Center location with prior consent of Anixter Center. The Maintenance Director should be contacted to move items to program area or storage. (a supply of In-Kind Gift Contribution Forms should be available at the rear entrance desk and program sites)
- At the time of donation, a completed In-Kind Gift Contribution Form is completed by the donor and delivered to the Development Department Senior Data and Logistics Manager for processing.
- For clarification on the tax deductibility of any donated item, donor should be directed to IRS publication 526
Help furnish a new home for our residents. Our newest home is in need of:
- Wall art for kitchen, living room, finished basement and bedrooms
- Area rug for living and dining room
- Water wall for basement calming area
- Flowers for outside (in planters)
- BBQ patio table and chairs
The continued growth and development of our program participants relies on
- iPads - $500
- For $500 you could purchase one upgraded computer and monitor with new software to be used by our clients
- SIM memory cards - $100
- Video camera - $500
- Computer skills software- $500
- Flat screen TV
Outing and travel group supplies:
- City passes to nine sites around the city - $84/pass
- Museum passes - $10-$30 - depending on the museum/site
- Membership to Brookfield Zoo $225
- $1000 would allow us to plan one special individualized or group outing for all CRS clients
- Recreational Community Classes - $2,500
General Group supplies:
- Yearly subscription to Netflix for our movie groups - $95.88 ($7.99 per month)
- Sponsor one cooking group - $20 per week
- Daily Herald/Chicago Tribune newspaper subscriptions - $500
- Work skill books - $500
- Leaf vacuum to keep our spaces clean
- Paint (acrylic): $100 worth of assorted colors lasts us two trimesters of artwork
- Paint (watercolor sets, watercolor pencils): $25
- Markers (thick & thin): large classroom cases, $50-$75
- Colored pencils, crayons, oil pastels, chalk: $20-30
- Drawing paper (assorted sizes & textures): $50-75
- Clay: approximately $35-40 for two 25 lb. slabs
- Weaving supplies (boards, plastic needles, new yarn): $25
- Latchhook supplies (kits, latchhooks): $30
- Sewing/stitching supplies (needles, embroidery thread, buttons, gems, etc): $20-30
- Jewelry beads: $50-60 for assorted packages and styles/sizes/textures
- Jewelry supplies (tools, chain, straight-pins, latches, etc.): $30-50
- Glue & tape: $20-40
- Stamps & ink: $50
- Felt: $30-40
- Canvases (canvas, pads, assorted sizes and thicknesses): $50-75
Dance/Movement Therapy supplies:
- Ribbon sticks: $53
Music Therapy supplies:
- A pair of maracas: $10
- One ocean drum (small or medium): $42-$75
- One crash/ride cymbal: $65
- One cymbal stand: $30
- One Hal Leonard Ultimate Pop-Rock Fake Book: $50
- TV Show theme book: $18
- Two packs of nylon (medium tension guitar strings): $9
- Two pack of .012 (light) Dâ€™Addario steel acoustic guitar strings (steel): $10
- One Jamtown talking drum: $57
- Basic Beat tunable bongo drums: $36
- Remo 50 Pre-Tuned Tubanos w/ Bag: $130
- One small four-tone slit drum (tongue drum): $100-250
- Gym memberships: $1,800 ($30 per month per year for five clients)
- Special Olympic uniforms: $30-$50 per uniform
- $1000 would fund the department to purchase holiday gifts and throw a holiday party
- Water bottle vending machine: $5,000
- Money to Start a family/alumni group: $1,000
Home Supplies & Toiletries
- Hand santizer
- Travel size versions of the above