Anixter Center needs your support. As a collection of 35 programs at 34 primary locations, we are one of the largest community rehabilitation non-profit agencies in the Chicago area. We are honored to serve adults and children with disabilities—90 percent of whom are low-income and live at or below the federal poverty level—and have a dedicated team of staff, board members and volunteers, but we cannot do it alone.
Who are the people we serve?
If you have a disability, you…
- Are among the ranks of the nation’s largest minority group
- Are likely to be rated consistently above average in your performance, quality, quantity of work, flexibility and attendance
- Double your probability of being unemployed
- Have a one in three chance of living below the poverty level
- Are more and more likely to be a veteran returning from war
We ask you to reflect on two things—the abilities you have been given or were able to develop, and the opportunities others may have offered to you throughout your life. Please join us in supporting those with different abilities, but who deserve the same opportunities to live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Consider your ability to help and DONATE NOW!
If you have any questions about your donation or need help, please contact Dan Summins at 773-973-7900 x226.